TechSoup Global is seeking a college intern who is interested in observing and learning the inner-workings of how programs are put together within a Marketing department that focuses on expanding the organization globally. Ideal majors include Marketing, International Business, Foreign Languages, Politics, Economics, or Communications. Applicants should have an enthusiasm for social networking, technology, non-profits, public libraries, and diverse communities. Interns must have an ability to communicate with staff, and a desire to assist the department in accomplishing its projects, as listed below. This internship reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
Major Internship Duties:
- Writing / Editing
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful participation and learning in the internship would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled an accredited college or university.
- Marketing, International Business, Foreign Languages, Politics, Economics, or Communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Social networking and non-profit knowledge preferred.
- Microsoft Office
- Diplomacy and teamwork.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
- Attend events in the Bay Area, as assigned in advance.
Physical Demands & Internship Environment: The physical demands and environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this internship. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified interns with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the internship.
- Prolonged telephone duties using handset, headset and computer located at the TechSoup Global facility
- Prolonged keyboard duties
- Access, input & retrieve information from a computer to produce typed copy, free of errors, without the assistance of another person
- Willingness and capacity to work in a cubicle environment at a workstation, and to come and go repeatedly throughout the day as is necessary, to perform various responsibilities
- Capacity to communicate and enunciate adequately, in person or via telephone, in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the employee is speaking
- Capability of dialing or otherwise using a telephone to place calls
- Capacity to pick up, leaf through and read books, files and other materials
- Willingness and capacity to sit/stand for minimum periods of two hours at a time
- Capacity to reach forward to a high of 48 inches, to a low of 15 inches, to the side 54 inches and to the low side 9 inches above the floor
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Ability to load discs and to change settings, devices, fixtures, etc., on various equipment used in and around TechSoup Global
- While performing the duties of this job, the intern may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, VDTs, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
Email required cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific internship title in the subject heading.
Visit our website at: http://www.techsoupglobal.org/ to review internship eligibility, to view other available internships, and to learn more about TechSoup Global , as well as our staff!
No phone calls, please.
About TechSoup Global:
TechSoup Global is working towards the day when every nonprofit and social benefit organization on the planet has the technology resources and knowledge it needs to operate at its full potential.
TechSoup Global, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1987 on the belief that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Since that day, we've assembled a worldwide network of individuals and organizations that share this conviction. This network includes foundations and corporations, governments and NGOs, social entrepreneurs and volunteers. Together, these unlikely allies have developed sustainable, community‐driven technology solutions to meet today's most urgent social challenges.
A guiding principle in our work is that NGOs are agents of change, not beneficiaries of aid. Our efforts are focused on creating sustainable communities, in which all participants are contributors, not on the redistribution of resources from the haves to the have‐nots. We believe that all participants have resources that, brought to bear on a problem, can result in real solutions. This currency of contribution underwrites all of our work.
Today, TechSoup Global has 200 employees, an annual operating budget of
$27 million, and operates programs in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe through a network of independent, capacity-building NGOs. With support of leading technology companies, including Microsoft, Adobe, Cisco, and Symantec, TechSoup Global and its network have reached more more than
133,000 organizations, distributed 6.6 million software and hardware product donations, and enabled recipients to save more than US$2 billion in IT expenses.
Our programs include NetSquared, an ambitious global experiment that empowers individuals at the local level to build and share innovative solutions to social problems. Today, the NetSquared community has tremendous reach, with more than 27,000 members and local events in nearly
80 cities around the world. Recently, TechSoup Global combined operations with GuideStar International, a U.K.-registered charity that promotes transparency and civil society organization (CSO) reporting. In November 2008, the Council on Foundations selected TechSoup Global to design and host an equivalency determination information repository, now known as NGOsource. TechSoup Global was selected in part because of its extensive international network and proven ability to offer eligibility verification services. In partnership with the Council, we are currently developing this new web-based service.
For more information about TechSoup Global, please visit www.techsoupglobal.org