To see if any internship openings are currently available, visit our jobs page.
Internship Program Description
TechSoup Global's Internship program offers a great opportunity for interested students to obtain valuable on-the-job exposure to areas of our business that support our mission, goals and objectives in social networking.
The purpose of the program is to provide qualifying students with opportunities to learn and experience elements of the non-profit and social networking communities. Individuals who participate in our program will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions to our organization.
The Internship program runs year round with new sessions beginning every four months.
All TechSoup Global Internships are unpaid.
Internship Program Dates (Individual start and end dates may vary)
- Fall Term: September - January
- Spring Term: January - May
- Summer Term: June - September
- 15 to 25 hours per week are recommended.
- Most schedules are flexible.
- TechSoup Global tries to parallel both quarter and semester systems.
- Please apply 1-2 months before the term begins.
All interns must be enrolled in a college class or program as a Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate student; should have an overall grade point average of 2.5 (C+ or better); and must receive academic credit for the internship. We will only select students who can earn course credit at the college level (no exceptions).
Once a college student has been accepted for the internship, the individual must provide "Proof of Credit" or a signed verification form from a counselor, major department head, or professor before beginning the TechSoup Global Internship program. An internship form may be requested from TechSoup Global if the college does not provide a “Proof of Cred” or a signed verification form and returned to the HR department at TechSoup Global to be kept on file.
To apply, unless otherwise stated, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Please check back for internship opportunities.
TechSoup Global is located at 435 Brannan Street, Suite 100, San Francisco, 94107 - by the Giants Ball Park - and at 525 Brannan Street.
TechSoup Global is dedicated to creating and supporting an environment of openness, trust, and fun where people's differences are valued and respected, and where people of diverse backgrounds participate fully in our organization. We believe that the diverse cultures and perspectives of our staff will help us better serve our clients. TechSoup Global is an equal opportunity agency and will not allow discrimination based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, domestic partner status, ancestry, national origin, weight, height, physical or mental handicap, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, or age, or socioeconomic background.
Founded in 1987, TechSoup Global has:
- Built a global network of 58 NGO partners and 100+ corporate and foundation partners.
- Served 600,000 organizations in 112+ countries with technology product donations, channeling $4.4B in technology products into the civil society sector.
- Made its online content accessible from 190 countries, delivered in 30 languages and generated from a broad community of contributors.
- Launched innovative and valued community initiatives - NetSquared, ReStart, Community Booster, Volunteer Manager and Caravan Studios. Created several platform initiatives including – NGOsource, Volunteer Manager, Caravan Studios and the BRIDGE project – and merged GuideStar International into its operations.
TSG and its global network of NGO partners are committed to continued delivery of impactful programs at scale to serve this community’s needs.
For an overview of TechSoup Global’s programs worldwide, go to http://impactexplorer.techsoupglobal.org/